HypnoBirthing® is a complete childbirth preparation course. It is a 12-hour program that covers everything you need to know to prepare for the birth of your baby.
You can choose two options: Either group classes with max 3 couples or private classes.
Group classes are taught over 5 evenings from 7 – 9.30 pm at 795 Surf Coast Hwy, Mt Duneed. Group classes offer the advantage of benefiting from other couples experiences and can create a bond that you share together after the birth. Weekend classes are usually only run on demand for mothers who are too close to term date to complete the 5 weeks course or who have to travel far to attend.
Private classes are taught at your convenience. The times are flexible but are usually taught on weekends.
All Classes include access to phone or email support from Stina Krone after the course.
Below is a brief outline of some of the things you will learn in the course
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain
- Why women in other cultures are able to give birth almost entirely free of pain
- The physiology of the uterus and how fear affects it.
- How to shorten first stage of labour by using a very simple breathing technique
- How to breathe during the birthing phase to eliminate forced pushing and enable you to birth your baby in a calm, relaxed manner
- Massage techniques to release endorphins to help you relax further during birthing
- Positive birth affirmations
- The importance of bonding with your baby pre- and postnatal and suggestions of how to do it.
- The 3 phases of birth
- How to make a birth plan and what to consider
- How to avoid artificial induction of labour
- What to ask if intervention is needed so you stay fully in control
- The importance of skin-to-skin contact after birth to facilitate breast feeding and bonding with your baby.
During the course you will also see videos of HypnoBirthing® couples from around the world and their amazing births.
The course fee includes the book HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method by Marie Mongan, relaxation CD, breastfeeding CD and an extensive folder of handouts and a gift bag.
Please check out upcoming classes.